I have not told the students yet, but starting this Friday, December 16th and running until Thursday, December 21st, students in 5B will be participating in a week long Junior Achievement program, promoting business education.
This program allows students in Grade 5 to learn about the opportunities and challenges of entrepreneurship in Canada. This inspires students to consider careers as business owners, as well as nurturing those who already have entrepreneurial spirits.
While participating in this program, students will:
- Learn why businesses are created and how they change
- Explore where customers come from and how to keep them
- Recognize that businesses can impact the environment in both positive and negative ways
- Learn about the history of some Canadian businesses and how they’ve changed over time
- Understand the importance of innovation
- Describe what makes an entrepreneur innovative
I am really looking forward to this new learning opportunity in 5B!