Here is a rundown of the things we are working on in 5B, for the next two weeks:
- No school: Wednesday, February 1st
- Social Studies Dwelling project materials – due Tuesday
- Word Work Homework: 3 activities this week – due Friday
- Math: Multiplication & Division package. Students only have to complete up to the second half of the basic division questions on the last page – due Friday
- Compound words handout – due Friday
- Read at least 20 minutes each night
Today in Math, we began the Traditional Method of 2-digit by 2-digit multiplication. Here are a few links to show your child. This procedure is more challenging and some students found it difficult today. Have a chat at home to see how your child felt as some extra practice in the evenings might be necessary.
https://www.khanacademy.org/math/arithmetic-home/multiply-divide/multi-digit-mult/v/multiplication-5-2-digit-times-a-2-digit-number (move into about the 3 minute mark to get to the questions)
We will be looking forward to a Math test either at the end of the week or early next week, depending on how the students feel. We will be starting 3 by 1 digit division after that.
Also, just to let you know it is now school policy to send a note home when a student has upwards of 10 absences. I am required to notify administration when this number of absences has been reached but I just wanted to thank you for keeping me informed as to your child’s absences. If a letter does make it home, please remember that it is policy.